Friday, May 4, 2012

What's Happening

In the spirit of keeping my goal and posting at least once a week how about I tell you all about what's been going on in our life the last few months!

Mike got a job at Alexander Company in Bancroft. For those who don't know, this is a milling company. They do oats and barley mostly. He started out as a bagger (basically general laboror) and within a couple weeks was told that he was going to get promoted to miller (basically the head guy on the shift). He has been working crazy hours, at the end of the second week of night shifts (worked 6-12 hour night shifts this week). He'll be back on days next week and I am so glad. Lexi will be glad too, she said the other night, "But I thought Dad was sleeping here tonight!" It is nice to have a decent paycheck though, and I'm sure that all of this will pay off and he will get to have a better schedule after all of this overtime.

Lexi is taking gymnastics still, though I haven't taken her the last couple weeks. And she is taking dance classes right now. She will be having her recital on Wednesday. I'm hoping that she has actually learned something, they don't let the parents stay and watch and when I ask her what she did at dance she usually starts kicking her foot and yelling, "1, 2, 3, 4!" LOL! But she loves it and is having fun so that's all that matters.

And little Javid... well he's walking now! And climbing! And getting stuck in things constantly! And by the way, I am the meanest mother in the world for not allowing him in the bathroom, on the stairs, and through the banister at my parents house! He has also become a major momma's boy... so I have had to come up with some interesting ways to entertain him so I can get stuff done. One day I put him in the tub with no water and was able to clean the whole bathroom before he got bored! It did help that Lexi thought it was cool too and came and joined him.



She's telling me not to take a picture... I didn't listen! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment